Dates: July 1-September 1, 2019
Are you passionate about social media, marketing, and content creation? Are you full of stimulating fresh ideas with excellent design and typography skills? STEM Caribbean is seeking an enthusiastic and creative social media intern to develop motivating and engaging content for its social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
The Intern will:
- Be responsible for creating, scheduling, and posting content on social media accounts. The Intern will play a huge role in increasing the organization’s external visibility and members.
- Manage social media activities, including daily posting on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed and stories and social engagement to increase followers.
- Keep up to date with STEM-related social media platforms in the Caribbean and rest of the world
- Work closely and 100% online with the Research, Marketing, and Editorial teams.
STEM Caribbean is a digital organization, established in 2013, to educate, enlighten, and entertain anyone interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- To promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the Caribbean
- To highlight and celebrate careers, advances, developments and key figures in STEM locally, regionally and internationally
- To inform STEM enthusiasts of national, regional and international opportunities related to STEM
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Possess a personal computer with access to an internet connection
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Proven social media, content creation, and marketing experience. School projects will be considered, and professional work is a plus
- Interested in the storytelling and educational aspects of social media
- Familiar with current trends in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and the Arts
- Some knowledge of the Caribbean and its culture is a plus
- Familiar with social media functionality & trends
- Self-starter / entrepreneurial spirit
- Graphic design skills, including current knowledge of adobe creative suite- preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change, learning, and improvement
- Ability to consistently produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently, but also as an effective member of a team. Attention to detail is required
This internship requires a 2-month part-time commitment to working remotely with weekly virtual team meetings.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com in one email titled Internship Application: Social Media by June 21, 2019. In your cover letter, tell us about yourself and what makes you unique. Why do you want to work for STEM Caribbean? If you get the position, what ideas do you have to take our social media to a whole new level?
Also, include links to social media accounts/relevant experience (if available).
This unpaid internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a social impact startup dedicated to educating, enlightening, and entertaining anyone interested in STEM. The Intern can expect to take on real responsibilities and acquire and develop practical knowledge about social media communications, fundraising, and social entrepreneurship.
Hours per week:
• Minimum 10hrs/wk Maximum 15hrs/wk