Dates: July 1-September 1, 2019
Are you passionate about storytelling and capturing insightful advancements and experiences? Are you motivated and well-organized with interest in research and journalism? STEM Caribbean is seeking an enthusiastic and creative research associate intern to research interesting facts, stories, and advancements in STEM in the Caribbean region and the world.
The Intern will:
- Identify, research and conceptualize compelling stories and experiences
- Assist with legal research, document sourcing an
dbackground research for published content including social media posts
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of copyright legislation on usage rights and stay up to date with rules that govern usage
- Ensure that legal, compliance and copyright requirements are met on all published content including social media posts
- Be responsible for image and video checks on crediting and picture quality
- Keep up to date with STEM-related social media platforms in the Caribbean and the rest of the world
- Maintain contact with key sources across the Caribbean
- Work closely and 100% online with the Editorial, Marketing, and Social Media teams.
STEM Caribbean is a digital organization, established in 2013, to educate, enlighten, and entertain anyone interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- To promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the Caribbean
- To highlight and celebrate careers, advances, developments and key figures in STEM locally, regionally and internationally
- To inform STEM enthusiasts of national, regional and international opportunities related to STEM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Possess a personal computer with access to an internet connection
- Demonstrated research skills
- Interest in the storytelling and educational aspects of STEM
- Familiar with current trends in STEM and the arts
- Some knowledge of the Caribbean and its culture is a plus
- Self-starter / entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change, learning, and improvement
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, but also as an effective member of a team. Attention to detail is required
This internship requires a 2-month part-time commitment to working remotely with weekly virtual team meetings.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email titled Internship Application: Research Associate by June 21, 2019. In your cover letter, tell us about yourself and what makes you unique. Why do you want to work for STEM Caribbean? If you get the position, what ideas do you have to write attention-grabbing content and improve our publications?
This unpaid internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a social impact startup dedicated to educating, enlightening, and entertaining anyone interested in STEM. The Intern can expect to take on real responsibilities and acquire and develop practical knowledge about journalism, research, and social entrepreneurship.
Hours per week:
• Minimum 10hrs/wk Maximum 15hrs/wk