Are you a conservation leader with at least five years of on the ground experience? Are you deeply committed to conservation, involved with the implementation of market-based approaches to solve environmental problems, and ready to be part of an expanding community of global leaders?
The 2020 Fellowship takes place from June 28 through July 29, 2020 in Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A. Over the course of the month, Fellows attend interactive sessions, participate in collaborative and independent projects, and attend field trips. Fellows are awarded a $6,000 stipend to defray travel and living expenses, and are provided housing during the program.
Fellows bring home new ideas, tools, and inspiration. Their success benefits their organizations and the greater conservation community.
- Summary of your leadership experience. (150 words)
- Why you wish to attend the Kinship Fellows program. (150 words)
- What you see yourself doing in five years. (250 words)
- Summary of your experience working with market-based tools. (250 words)
- Description of a project or an environmental challenge or issue in your work and how you plan to develop a solution using market-based approaches. (350 words)
- Your role in the project previously described. (150 words)
Your resume should reflect at least five full years of experience working in an environmental field. Five years cannot include time spent pursuing a degree.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation: One from a current employer and one from a colleague. The selection panel will use these letters to assess each applicant’s capacity for leadership. Specific examples include:
- Your ability to take action on conservation issues
- Your ability to mobilize and motivate others
- Your capacity to produce innovative solutions to complex environmental problems
- Your potential to contribute to an ongoing community of leaders
Apply using the online application platform. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM U.S. Central Standard Time on January 12, 2020.