Innovation Accelerator Program: Call for Applications in Guyana
News > The Caribbean
Press Release | Posted on October 2, 2020
(Trifinity Solutions) – We are excited to bring together this amazing group of renowned ecosystem organization, coaches, and business leaders around the Caribbean who will focus on business launch strategy, funding and scaling, impactful leadership, marketing, finance, and innovation acceleration.
Application is open to making your ideas Investment ready!! To know more about this Program you can apply here: https://forms.gle/PAuFz3t9LZ7rJV7u6
StartupLabGY is an Innovation Accelerator Programme that was designed by Trifinity Solutions to develop, test, and grow new business ideas through social entrepreneurship by identifying social problems, designing innovative solutions, generating prototypes to validate their effectiveness, and developing business models that support their solution.
Trifinity Solutions is a digital media agency ‘Transforming Ideas into Solutions’. It was founded by Queens Young Leader 2017, Ms.Samantha Sheoprashad.
“We are a digital software solution (web, mobile and internet marketing) company that caters our services to start-up or established businesses helping them to grow their community digitally, extend their reach and increase their sales and education. Our mission is to bring together a community of creators through collaboration, to spark innovation while expanding sustained digital wealth,” Trifinity Solutions said at the Launching of the National Job Bank and Online Innovation Academy under the theme “Create awareness for entrepreneurship, innovation, and leadership throughout the world” in celebration of World Entrepreneurship Day 2020 via Zoom Live on Facebook dated 21st August 2020.
The objectives of the StartuplabGY 2020 are:
- To develop, test, and grow new business ideas through social entrepreneurship
- To drive innovation and creativity in our local industry.
- To train at least 20 youths in the design of social enterprises and innovation.
- To design at least 15 social entrepreneurship projects
- In the face of unlimited challenges, we continue to push the bar to create a platform for entrepreneurs to access capital, partners, markets, technology to build their ventures.
- To generate new disruptive ideas for products and services within an innovative and creative industry in Guyana by applying creative techniques, learning hands-on tools to scale up business ideas through mentorship, and investment towards the venture.
StartupLabGy aims to edify participants on how to innovate and move creativity faster in order to achieve sustainable innovations and developments. The pillars under which we selected these projects were as follows:
- Agriculture – Developing ideas that provide opportunities and solutions for agricultural innovation and development.
- Climate Change – Developing ideas that provide opportunities and solutions for clean and renewable energy.
- Education – Empowering people to foster relevant skills rather than traditional skills that will create economic employment.
- Governance – Creating programs that will address issues we are facing to make decisions.
- Mental Health – Develop programs that will empower human capital to build mental resilience and wellness through mentorship, networking, and volunteerism.
- Youth Employment – Developing relevant skills where youth can find their purpose and profit from their purpose.
Last November (2019) for Global Entrepreneurship Week, the Startuplab accelerator programs impacted 10 entrepreneurs, or as we like to call them ‘local leaders’ with solutions to local problems in some challenging environment, during Global Entrepreneurship Week. Rather than imposing our perceived solutions onto them, we supported these ideas and innovations of these entrepreneurs. Thus, our role was to assist in refining and scaling their solutions to find opportunities and grow their ventures through StartuplabGY.
After the accelerator, we provided strategy and business mentorship, marketing support, and legal and accounting help. Our next step is to assist the process of seeking financial capital and grants for these entrepreneurs to materialize and grow their innovations and solutions. Another major step for this program is also to have this done in multiple locations and rural areas such as Essequibo, Linden, Berbice, etc.
“At Trifinity Solutions, we are empowering entrepreneurs through this ecosystem. To enable this, we believe our investments in education, innovation, and community collaboration with both the public and private sectors will help develop a healthy ecosystem for a sustainable future right here in Guyana. We have a strong belief that StartupLabGY training and education will enable these multifaceted groups of innovators to produce phenomenal outcomes in the years to come,” Trifinity Solutions stated.